The following sites provide additional resources on trauma research, evaluation and treatment including sites which are specific to EMDR psychotherapy. These sites are provided for your convenience. Janet Wright takes no responsibility for the content on these sites and does not exert any editorial or other control over the resources on this site.
- For research and professional articles related to EMDR, visit the Francine Shapiro online library.
- The EMDR International Association is a professional association of EMDR clinicians and establishes standards for EMDR practice, research, and training. EMDRIA also maintains a listing of certified EMDR clinicians, approved consultants, and approved instructors.
- The EMDR Humanitarian Assistance Program focuses its efforts on building the capacity of underserved communities nationally and internationally to secure effective trauma treatment through proper training and developing local Trauma Response Networks (TRNs).
- The International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies (ISTSS) provides information on trauma treatment, education, research and prevention. It holds an annual conference for clinicians and researchers and publishes, in print, the Journal of Traumatic Stress and, on the web, a quarterly newsletter, Stress Points.
- David Baldwin’s Trauma Information Pages, has an excellent collection of trauma articles. Included are articles by Van der Kolk, Porges, Perry, and many other traumatologists.
- The Sidran Institute provides copies of the Dissociative Experiences Scale (DES) and the Adolescent Dissociative Experiences Scale (A-DES) copyright-free.